Here really are a few factual statements about Mushrooms, the magic ingredient:
– Mushrooms in many cases are classified as a vegetable or even a herb, but they are actually fungi.
– While you can find over 14,000 mushrooms, only about 3,000 are edible, about 700 have known medicinal properties, and fewer than one percent are recognized as poisonous.
– People who collect mushrooms for consumption are referred to as mycophagists, and the act of collecting them for such is known as mushroom hunting or just “mushrooming “.
– Only specimens which are freshly picked or properly preserved should really be consumed and not as old. Once an edible mushroom loses its freshness, bacterial colonies will form and stomach upsets or worse symptoms can be likely if such specimens are ingested.
– The absolute most commonly consumed mushroom on the planet is Agaricus bisporus or the white button mushroom. It’s two other forms – Crimini or brown mushrooms with a more earthy flavor and firmer texture, and Portabella mushrooms with a big umbrella-shaped cap and meaty flavor.
– The Egyptians considered mushrooms as a delicacy, and the Greeks thought that mushrooms provided strength for warriors in battle buy psilocybin capsules. The Romans regarded mushrooms as something special from God and served them only on festive occasions, as the Chinese treasured them as a health food.
– Mushrooms contain about 80 to 90 % water and are really low in calories (only 100 calories/oz). They have almost no sodium and fat and 8 to 10 % of the dry weight is fiber.
– Just about 45% of mushrooms produced are consumed in the new form. The remaining portion of the 55% is processed with 5% in the dehydrated form and 50% in the canned mushrooms form.
– This shelf life of mushrooms in the new form is extremely short. Hence mushrooms are traded on the planet market mostly in the processed form.
– Some mushrooms produce compounds that fight cancer! This is discovered when scientists in Japan found that a community had unusually low cancer rates.
– Mushrooms may be used for dyeing wool and other natural fibers. The chromophores of mushrooms are organic compounds and produce strong and vivid colors, and all colors of the spectrum can be performed with mushroom dyes.
– Netherlands is the biggest exporter of canned button mushrooms [http://www.sunimpex.biz/Canned_Mushrooms.htm] with a market share of approximately 38.5%. China is second with almost 30% of world trade. France is close third with 13.5% of the world exports.
– So far as the import market goes, the most significant buyer of canned white button mushroom is Germany. It alone accounts for pretty much 40% of the world imports.
As well as the above mentioned facts, mushrooms assists in immune function, they are high in vegetable proteins and also promotes good health and vitality.